The use of Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) management in the customs and border environment. How can we get there? The case of Oman Customs.
Traditionally, in any organization governance, risk and compliance functions each have separate operations and focus. These functions may often be located in different departments with different reporting lines even if they are not written. In this research, GRC integration is the silo approach in order to move towards more harmonized customs procedures. The research will explain each term individually first and combine them in the GRC silo context to the customs. The proposed structure of the research paper should be as follows
– What is GRC?
3. Literature review
4. The main factors that led to GRC?
– How the concept came to service.
– Main differences between public and private sector
– The different between GRC integration and dealing with each term individually
5. An overview of Omani customs
6. Towards GRC
– Risk Management Processes
– Regulatory Compliance Management
– Governance Processes
– GRC – Bringing it All Together
– Integrated View of Governance, Risk & Compliance
7. Accountability and Reporting
– Reporting methodology
– Identifying Key Performance Indicators KPIs
– Identifying Key Result Areas KRAs
8. A Framework for Integrated GRC
9. Organisational Ethics and Culture
10. Critical factors to adopt GRC in Omani customs