• Avian influenza
A. Analyze the selected communicable disease outbreak (suggested length of 2–3 pages) by doing the following:
Note: This analysis should include epidemiological data, causes and manifestations of the disease, and route of transmission.
1. Describe the communicable disease outbreak.
2. Describe the epidemiological indicators associated with the identified disease.
3. Analyze the epidemiological data on the outbreak.
4. Discuss the route of transmission of the disease causing the outbreak.
5. Create a graphic representation of the outbreak’s international pattern of movement or possible movement.
6. Discuss how the outbreak could affect your community.
B. Imagine that you are a community health nurse. You suspect that a family that has just returned from travel overseas has contracted SARS. Soon, several other community members present the same symptoms. Testing occurs in your health clinic and the presence of SARS is confirmed.
1. Explain the appropriate protocol for reporting the possible outbreak (suggested length of 1/2–1 page).
C. The news has just announced that the air quality index is poor. As the community health nurse, you are concerned about your clients who have asthma and other respiratory diseases.
1. Discuss how you would modify their care to address the increased risk due to poor air quality (suggested length of 1–1 1/2 pages).
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: When bulleted points are present in the task prompt, the level of detail or support called for in the rubric refers to those bulleted points.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.
Do you want your assignment written by the best essay experts? Then look no further. Our team of experienced writers are on standby to deliver to you a quality written paper as per your specified instructions. Order Now, and enjoy an amazing discount!!